From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no problems|
|Game||Works, no problems|
|Patch||Works, with some problems|
|Download patch||Game has a patcher|
|Demo works||N/A -although a FREE client is obtainable, see URLs|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.4 (best), 4.3.2, 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0.3, 4.4, 4.3.2, 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||Anarchy Online -- Official website
Anarchy Online Free Tryout
Issues applying to AO 17.5.1 and later
- The auto patching utility might stop working by first printing a message about some unsupported operation then silently dying. Workaround: Keep a backup of an older version of AnarchyPatcher.exe and use that to patch the game. The game client will download and overwrite the old patching utility when the game is started.
Issues applying to Point2Play 2.0/Cedega 4.4
- Setting "AGP Vertex Data(MB)" to "Default" might lead to running out of texture memory due to AO being heavy on texture memory. Set "AGP Vertex Data(MB)" to less then half of the available AGP RAM.
- Fiddling with "Liquid Animation" and "Offscreen Surface Technology" in-game options can sometimes lead to invisible water surfaces close to land.
Issues applying to Cedega 4.2.1 and downwards
- There seems to be a regression between 4.1.1 and 4.2.1 which makes the water and possibly other things not show up. So 4.1.1 is currently marked as the best working version.
- The auto patching utility may stop working or crash. Simply close and restart the patcher to continue.
- The mouse cursor may be misaligned when in full-screen mode. Set the ClipSpaceFix option to "N" to remedy the problem or try another window manager like Icewm, Fluxbox, Xfce.
Issues applying to Wine 0.9.11
- The game finally starts in Wine but it's not quite perfect yet:
- Sometimes you'll loose textures, colours or even text. Switching to another window/desktop seems to cure that.
- Using the numpad keys to change the camera angles results in the camera circulating around your character. Very annoying. Switch between First/Third Person(F8) mode to fix.
- Some indoor areas like missions are a bit darker then normal.
- When chatting some keys don't translate into characters. (4,5,6,7,0) Workaround: Cut-and-past works!
- Both the ingame and desktop mouse cursor are shown at the same time.
- Performance is surprisingly good.