From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems - except for 'Complete' edition (see below)|
|Game||Works, with some problems (see below)|
|Patch||Works, no problems|
|Download patch||3D Gamers
|Demo works||No Demo|
|Requires no-cd patch||Maybe (usually no)|
|Multiplayer works||No multiplayer|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2.6, 5.0 (best), 4.3.2, 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.3.2|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.6, 5.0, 4.4.X, 4.3.2, 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.3.2|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
- Copy protection works in most cases, but there are certain kernels for which a no-CD patch is needed.
- With Cedega versions prior to 4.3, sounds effects in the game are problematic - after several of them start, they do not end properly, and keep looping until the game is restarted. This is bad enough so that the game would be unplayable if the sounds were important to playing the game (as opposed to just being pleasant backround.)
- Minor graphical glitches in a couple places.
- Scrolling of map is slooow.
- Some combinations of cedega and desktop managers may result in a black border taking up the top portion of the game window, with the actual game partially pushed down below the bottom of the window. Currently this issue is found using gnome desktop where a panel is located at upper edge of screen. Workaround for this issue is easy: just move your panel to the lower edge.
- In some cases (Ubuntu Gutsy), window handling is totally corrupt. Use failsafe session to launch cedega.
Civilization III: Complete
- According to the release notes, the installer for the 'Complete' edition for Civilization III does not work at all in Cedega. This is generally true, though there have been some confirmed reports of it working for some people some of the time. This issue is being looked into, and hopefully a workaround or proper solution will be found soon.
Sid Meier's Civilization is one of the most celebrated strategy game series ever created. With over 4 million units sold, this addictive, enthralling empire-building game lets you match wits against history's greatest leaders as you build and rule an empire to stand the test of time. Sid Meier's Civilization III promises to take discovery, building, diplomacy and conquest to new heights, with a multitude of new features that build on and enrich the Civilization experience. In Civilization III, you'll find new pathways to explore and strategies to employ, greatly expanded diplomacy, more powerful combat, a new trade system, new technologies, more powerful tools to build and manage your empire, and the most detailed and beautiful art, animations and sound ever found in the genre.