From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
||Trials of Atlantis, Catacombs, Darkness Rising (latest)
||Works, issues described below
||Works, a few known problems
||Works, no known problems
||Game has its own patcher
||The trial DVD demo works with the noted issues stated at the issues section of this document. The installer, though, for the trial disc works flawless.
||EB Games carries a 14 day trial of DAoC with most of expansions. This may be found elsewhere.
|Requires no-cd patch
|Works with Cedega version(s)
||4.0, 4.4.1, 5.1, 5.2.3 (best)
|Tested with Cedega version(s)
||4.0, 4.4.1, 5.1, 5.2.3
|Works best with Cedega version(s)
|Supported by TransGaming
||Dark Age of Camelot --Official website
Camelot Herald --News and patch notes.
- With some video cards, such as the GeForce MX series, the ground doesn't display which ruins much of the gameplay.
- The sound can be a bit choppy in the patcher.
- Runs fine with the exception of that.
- If clicking fast through the character menu, DAoC may crash. Slow down and this will(should) not happen.
- Graphics: Previously, Trials of Atlantis and any expansions that came after it would not work with pixel shaders enabled, which forced players to use the old character models. However, as of Cedega 5.2.3 and still with 5.2.4 both Pixel Shaders and Vertex Shaders can be left on and the new character models do work. The only graphical anomolies that exist seem to be the colour of the reflective water (ugly green tint makes lochs look like swamps) and "Atlantis Trees" must be switched off in the Game Options or you won't see any leafs, just branches.
- Network: DAoC normally crashes on logon if the local hostname cannot be looked up (does not exist in /etc/hosts). If this happens, please add your local hostname to your /etc/hosts file.
- Catacombs expansion installer crashes with stack overflow. Use Wine or Windows to install or extract files manually, and then add an icon manually to Cedega.
- Speed too fast / slow. This is a bug in DAOC, and some other games. It happens under Windows too and can in some cases result in complaints / banning. The workaround is to run a program that uses 100% CPU resources and then disable the cpuspeed daemon under linux. Some computers have a "cpu speed, green pc or cpu cool feature" in the BIOS and you may have to disable it there. The cpuspeed daemon, also known as cpufreq or cpufreqd; http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpufreqd/ dynamically changes your CPU speed and voltage to match the load. Published articles suggest that it can be configured to monitor temperature and battery usage as well. Disabling cpuspeed, if done right, usually makes systems more responsive. The curious may monitor the cpu speed and how it changes during a gaming session with # watch cat /proc/cpuinfo or by dragging and dropping the appropriate sensor within the KDE System Guard utility.
- ALSA sound looping, hissing or crashes. Onboard chipset audio, such as VIA8233 and possibly Nvidia, is generally not MMap-able, since the chipset doesn't provide hardware conversion between the various game audio formats. Uncheck "Use MMap". Don't use "decrease wineserver priority" as wineserver will be needing some extra resources to do software audio conversion.
Dark age of Camelot is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) set in a fantasy world consisting of multiple countries that are at war with each other.