From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
Note: The following information is about running the Windows version via Cedega
|Installer||Works, small issues described below|
|Game||Works, small issues described below|
|Download patch||Mirrorlist (doom3.com)|
|Download demo||Mirrorlist (doom3.com)|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.0.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.0.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||Not anymore because there is a native client|
|URLs||Doom3 -- Official homepage
Doom3 Linux FAQ -- Official Doom3 GNU/Linux FAQ
- Since this is a multi-disc game, you'll need to start the installer with --monitor-cdrom-eject syntax. (This is not needed for Point2Play.)
- The installer has several issues when entering the serial code. It will accept the first two digits, then jump to the next field, so it gets a bit tedious having to shift+tab back a field, enter a letter and go back again. Because I installed it a few times, I found it to be easier to write down the serial in a text editor and then copy & paste the values. Write it like this for easy copying:
xxxx xxxx xxxx xx
- Ignore any warnings you get about windows 95/98/NT being unsupported.
- Copyright protection is not supported so you will need a no-cd crack.
- The game crashes my x-server on exit.