Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, but has some issues described below|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Download patch||Graphic Corruption Fix|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||unknown (please fill in)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.1.1, 4.0.1, 5.0.3|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||Vice City -- Official homepage|
- Intro movie is slow. You can skip it by hitting the spacebar key twice. If you insist on seeing the movies, you can do so with an external player. The files are in the /gamedir/movies/ directory. Additionally, if you want to "disable movies", there's a no-intro patch on gamecopyworld that contains 0 second movies that you can replace the current movies with.
- If you have a 2.6 kernel, you might want to switch off Accelerated Interprocess Communication in Point2Play.
If you use the commandline version you need to set the following option to N in your ~/.transgaming/config file.
[Wineserver] "SHMWineserver" = "Y"
This will -- according to the release notes -- reduce the number of pauses in the game. So if you are noticing lots of pauses in the game and you're using a 2.6 kernel turn it off.
- This title currently does not work on systems with an ATI card.
- A Linux installer for this game exists.
- There's a patch for this game which fixes a graphical corruption. You do not need this patch if you don't have this problem. This fix is an un-supported update that corrects polygon corruption that has been noticed on certain video cards and PC combinations.