From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, after patch|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Demo works||Yes, but has minor issues (see below)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2.10 (best), 188.8.131.52.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.10, 4.1.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||3DGamers, Valve Software, Sierra|
- Starting the game may emit this error message instead of playing the intro movie:
Cannot open MCI file for playback: 279: Cannot use "all" as the device name with the specified command.
- The original game as installed from CD works as far as the menus go, but it doesn't find the CD-ROM and you cannot start a game. Patch it to the latest available version and it will work.
- If you install Half Life: Blue Shift on top of Half Life, you get the chance to install a bonuspack, dubbed "Half Life High Definition Pack", which includes higher-resolution textures and better models, which are also used in the original Half Life.
- Half Life: Source is a remake of the original Half Life with the Source-Engine from Half Life 2. It features a more realistic physics engine plus some other small enhancements.
- Game works fine, first time, through Steam - DC_
- Uplink demo works. There may be difficulties with the OpenGL and DirectX modes, but software mode works fine. The MCI error appears here also.