Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, with possible issues|
|Patch||Does not work|
|Download patch||hitman2_101_en.exe (3D Gamers)|
|Download demo||Demo 1 (Anathema - Mission 1, 48.4MB)
Demo 2 (Invitation to a party - Mission 5, 58.5MB)
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.1.beta4, 4.3, 4.1 (best), 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.3.2-1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.1.beta4, 4.3, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Hitman 2 -- Official homepage|
- The patch does not work because it seems to be a dos patcher. I see the following being printed on the console:
This will update Hitman 2: Silent Assassin to version 1.01 in the following directory: C:\PROG~FBU\EIDO~AID\HITM~R5B Press 'Y' to continue or any other key to cancel
Obviously, pressing Y there doesn't help anything since Cedega does not support DOS executables. However, after I ran the fixed exe, the game showed that it was version 1.01.
- ATI users must use the old Cedega version 3.3.2-1 with desktop emulation, or it will crash. testet with the newest ATI driver 8.23.7 on Suse Linux Professional 10. --Ground0 06:26, 12 Apr 2006 (EDT)
- Copy HID.dll [dlldump.com] from windows install over to fake /windows/system32 directory. Without this the game won't run.
- To enable the OpenGL mode, open the file Hitman2.ini in a text editor and find the following line:
Now edit this line so that it reads:
Be sure to save the file in DOS format or the game won't be able to read it!
- On Geforce 8600GT hardware and cedega 6.1beta4, using ARB_VBO rendering path instead of NV_VAR (turn off NV_VAR in cedega graphics settings) results doubled frame rate.