Lego Star Wars
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Does not work properly, see below|
|Game||Works no problems|
|Patch||Have not tried|
|Download demo||3D Gamers|
|Requires no-cd patch||unknown|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.0.3 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.0.3 (best), 5.1.1, 4.3.2|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
Installing the game
- To install this game you have to install under windows, then copy the files. Once done the game will work fine.
- The game runs with
cedega ./Legostarwars.exebut crashes at the 'Nvidia - the way its meant......' video
- To work around this delete the file Nvidia.bik in the
Movies/NTSCfolder and...Bingo! random_dave 17:18, 19 Jun 2005 (CEST)
- The installer from the CD will not work under Cedega, aborting with an error message like "Cannot install scripting host".
Installing the demo
The installer is a self-extracting RAR archive and you cannot run it directly under Cedega - it will just extract the files and then hang.
To get at the files, you can extract the files manually with unrar on a console:
mkdir lego cd lego unrar x ../lego_star_wars_pc_demo_final.exe
This will create a directory structure like:
0x0406.ini ... (long file list snipped) ISScript1050.Msi LEGO_D~1.cab LEGO Star Wars Demo Disc.msi ManagedDX.CAB program files setup.exe Setup.ini setup.isn
Now install the Microsoft Installer for WinXP or Win98 - even though both will not actually work!
Then run the
setup.exe with Cedega.
- If you forget to install the Microsoft Installer (for the .msi files), the demo installe will stop with the following error message:
1155: File D:\lego\INSTMSIA.EXE not found
- When run under winver=win98 the fatal error with 0x80040706 occur
- When run under winver=winxp the fatal error with 1607 will occur
Personal note: I have not yet managed to actually install the demo. Running the unpacked file as-is does not work, either. Tels 06:03, 31 Mar 2006 (EST)