From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, but has some issues described below|
|Download demo||Locomotion_Demo_USA.exe Infogrames|
|Requires no-cd patch||Possibly -- see issues|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.1 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Locomotion -- Official site|
- Sound (minor to annoying)
- The sound occasionally "goes away" and is replaced by static. Cure seems to be to click mute/un-mute till the sound or music recovers; hence this is a minor annoyance (and could be my system -- need someone else to verify). Most notable when pausing the game.
- Lockups (annoying to major)
- Program also locked up occasionally on me a few times, but could be worked around by switching to another console (ctl-alt-F1, for instance) and killing the process; killing the X-server also worked.
- After further review: this may be related to the sound issue -- I finally noticed that the "lockups" coincided with when I received e-mail, at which point kmail issued a system "beep" -- I've forcefully shut down kmail and now have been able to play the game (in full screen mode) for well over an hour without a lockup.
- Copy protection (annoying at the very least)
- The program uses Securom for copy protection. Per their web page, this sounds fishy at best :) This manifests itself if you set the "winver" to any NT/XP based setting (win2k, winxp, etc.) as a pop-up box informing you to use the original disk, not a copy.