From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
Note: The following information is about running the Windows version via Cedega
|Game version||1.4 (Gold Edition)||1.4 (Standard Edition)|
|Installer||Works, no known problems||Installer gives error that installation failed after copying all files|
|Game||Works, minor problems (see below)||Works, major problems (see below)|
|Patch||Game came prepatched||Download patch below|
|Download patch||Fileplanet||Official Site|
|Requires no-cd patch||No||Unknown|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.3.1 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.3.1||5.1, 5.0.3|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Official site Linux port|
- The opening cutscenes do not display, although the sound does play. To work around that, just hit space a few times, till the main menu displays.
- On systems with pthreads issues, the game will briefly freeze every 5 seconds or so. To work around, just disable pthreads.
- Game Framerate is terrible. Tweaking Cedega settings did not alleviate this problem. Game is basically unplayable in current state.
- The opening cutscenes do not display, although the sound does play (very choppy). To work around, just hit space/esc a few times until the main menu displays.
- Installer will not complete. In order to get this game installed it had to be copied from a windows installed/patched system.
- Using the NoCD patch causes music not to play. Because this game was not Installed through Cedega, a NoCD patch was attempted. It caused the audio to not play in Linux even though the installed windows version worked fine.
- There is no Linux port for this version of Majesty. The port is only available for the Gold edition.