Master of Orion II
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, Minor Issues (See Issues)|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Requires no-cd patch||No; Recommended|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.1 (best), 4.3.2, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.1, 4.3.2, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- This game apparently has performance issues when not using the NoCD Patch. These issues were a problem running directly under windows as well. It is recommended you apply the NoCD Patch (or the NoCD workaround) to avoid any performance issues Issues listed below.
- Turn off the Cedega Scheduler or you will occasionally lose your Mouse/Keyboard control.
- Music will cut in and out while playing (will turn on when some screens load, and off with others)
- Minor issue: Music playback is iffy. It may play, and it may not play. Chances are it will, though. At times, you may hear some skipping and faintly see a text saying "Can't Read (something)." Might be related to the constant CD access.
- "Can't Read" will occasionally start flashing with a very annoying beep. Does not stop game play, but can drive a person crazy.
Not using NoCD issue:
- Issue: CPU Usage. This game appears to be a CPU hog. Might be related to the constant CD access. This could be a problem to those of you who lack an SMP-capable system.
- DOS version works 100% in dosbox (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net) with version 0.65, IPX network play works as well through dosbox's networking with half the lag of the windows version.