Need For Speed: Most Wanted
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, with issues|
|Game||Works, with issues|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Download patch||Patch 1.3 (12.1 MB)|
|Download demo||Demo (544 MB)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Multiplayer works||Have not tried|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2 (best),5.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2,5.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||Need for Speed Most Wanted|
- The installer and patchers should be run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.
- Users MUST choose to accept the installation of DirectX 9.0C to play this game. Please carefully read the associated EULA and only accept if you meet all DirectX license requirements.
- The installer needs to be run twice using the same Program Title. The first time will install DirectX 9, and then prompt for a Windows reboot. It is safe to say Yes to this, it will not actually reboot your system. Just rerun the installer and be sure to select the same Program Title in the Install dialog. This will install the actual game itself.
- The game must be run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode to pass copy protection.
- Pixel shaders are required achieve optimal graphics for this title.
- Shadows and reflections have some graphical anamolies when running at the highest detail settings.
- Having car reflection update speed higher than its lowest 'on' setting causes a severe performance hit.
- Custom paint jobs are not always quite the right color.
- Starting a LAN server does not work as it requires raw socket access which is only available as root under Linux.
- ATI users should disable VBO to play this title.
- If the DirectX 9 installation doesn't work, try to run the installer in Windows 98 compatibility mode.