Need For Speed: Underground
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, with moderate issues (see below)|
|Game||Works, with minor issues|
|Patch||Works, no problems|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2.8 (best), 5.0, 4.2.1, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.8, 5.0, 4.2.1, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Using cedega's default settings, where pixel shaders are enabled, graphics is totally corrupted. To fix this corruption, you have 2 choises:
1. Enable Pixel Shaders v1.4 from cedega settings panel and turn on Motion Blur from ingame setup.
2. Disable Pixel Shasers (if you are using nfsu game profile - that's what it does). This way will result poor graphics with extremly poor performance. If your hardware is not PS compatible (< Geforce 5XXX), then second way with slide show is yours ;-(.
- Installer freezes partway though, and must be helped along in order to complete (see "Installation Notes" below).
- Do not enable "Car Reflection" in the display options in the game - the game will crash if this is enabled
- Enabling "Car Headlights" in the display options has been known to cause problems with disappearing textures in the game
Prove you belong in the elite street racing circles, work your way up the underground rankings and take on the best of the best in each discipline.
[Originally from the transgaming.com NFSU FAQ]
Users may experience a hang during installation due to a missing INI file. To continue installation simply open a console and perform the following:
ps ax | grep EReg.exe
A number of processes using EReg.exe should be shown. Determin the PID number for any of these processes and kill it using:
kill -9 PID