From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, but has some issues described below|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Download patch||Patch 1.1 (DLH.net)
Patch 1.1 to 2.0 (DLH.net)
Outlaws Direct3D upgrade (DLH.net)
|Download demo||Mirror list|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.0.1 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.0.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Outlaws -- Official Homepage|
How to install
- Put the CD in the drive and mount it.
- Run the setup using default settings.
- Do a custom install and check on everything.
- After the installer copies the files, it will ask if it can install DirectX, choose not to do this.
- Then the installer asks which start menu group it should create. Leave this as default, otherwise the icons are not created in Point2Play.
- Download, unzip and install Patch 1.1 (If you're using Point2Play, make sure you select the right Program Title from the list.)
- Download, unzip and install Patch 1.1 to 2.0 (Again, make sure to select the proper title if you're using Point2Play.)
- Download, unzip and install Outlaws Direct3D upgrade.
- Run "Configure Outlaws" via Point2Play or execute cedega olcfg.exe in the directory you installed Outlaws. Select Direct3D (HW Accelerated) and choose the resolution of your choice. And if you wish you could set advanced options. Then click on Ok.
- Run "Outlaws Windows" or execute cedega OLWIN.EXE in the directory you installed Outlaws to start the game.
- You cannot name your savegames. But it'll still save the game.
- When trying to redefine controls, you are able to do so, but when you click accept, the game doesn't come back up. ALT + TAB to Point2Play and press CTRL + S this will stop running games. If you're using cedega from command line, you'll have to open a new console, for example CTRL + ALT + F2, login and type killall -9 wine wineserver. Then re-launch the game and your keysettings will work.
- The latest patch (2.01) does not work.
- When exiting the game, it can take a short while untill it finally exists. (5 seconds or so.)
- Game halts a bit when the CD-ROM drive is being accessed.
Suitable up to 128px icon size.