From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
Point2Play is a GUI front-end for Cedega, developed by TransGaming. Through it, one can install and run games without needing to use a command line, and it also allows for the easy setting of per-game configurations.
It can also manage your Cedega versions including updating them easily. Through Point2Play you can also mount your CD/DVD drives, test your sound driver, the grafic driver and system as well as other things.
I made a new icon for Point2Play because my desktop uses 48px sized icons. The original icon doesn't look too good on that and higher sizes. So I made a new high res one that even works on 128px. Enjoy.
- If you get the error message global name HTTPError is not defined when trying to download Cedega-versions, you need to make sure that Point2Play is not using an HTTP proxy to connect to transgaming.com.
For instance, on KDE based systems like SuSE, you can setup a global proxy setting pointing to your local or remote HTTP proxy and install a filtering proxy like Privoxy. Point2Play seems not to be able to download Cedega-Versions with that kind of setup, and simple unchecking the Use Proxy box in Point2Play will not help as the underlying Python-library will still try to go via your proxy. Here is a workaround:
- Open a konsole (CTRL+F2, type konsole and hit enter)
- Enter export http_proxy=; Point2Play
- In Point2Play, make sure your username and password for transgaming.com arre correct and the Use proxy box is unchecked
- Click on "Get latest version"
Note that simply disabling the proxy in the KDE Control Center will only work unless you reboot (since the proxy environment variable will still be set).
Can't get at Cedega configuration
The cause of this error seems to be having multiple versions of Cedega installed and Point2Play getting confused about which one to set as default. (Often after hitting Get Latest version) To solve it, set the default to a different version and then back to the version you want to set as default.
- When trying to download new Cedega/Wine versions through Point2Play, make sure that the account information you enter is correct before you click Get another version or Get latest version. With the wrong account and/or proxy information, the download will fail, and Point2Play will always fail with the same error until you restart it, even when you correct the info after the first failure.To summarize: Enter correct info, close Point2Play, restart it, then try to download.
- After adding a new icon, the configuration file for this icon will be corrupted. To solve this, click on the newly created icon in the right pane and then click on the configure button. Set any option (for example, uncheck managed and then check it on again.) and click apply. Then click defaults and click apply. The configuration file for the icon is then re-created and you can set any options you like.