S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Game version||1.0, 1.001|
|Installer||Demo: Works with issues
Full version: Works fine, misdetects video card
|Game||Works in Wine, with issues|
|Patch||Works, no known issues|
|Download patch||1.0001 (Worldwide version)
1.0001 (US version)
|Demo works||Does not work|
|Download demo||ftp at gsc-game.com
Hotfix for MP demo
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||Wine 0.9.36|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0, 5.2.10, Wine 0.9.33, Wine 0.9.36|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Start with -dsound parameter or it crashes right away.
- Several graphics issues.
- Changing resolution is troublesome.
- Static lighting only.
- Basically works in Wine, however.
- The MP demo installer is in Russian and Cedega really has problems with the foreign character set, both while installing and after creating the shortcuts as shown on the right. Apart from blindly clicking buttons you should also delete all foreign characters from the install path as this might easily confuse your system.
- The Hotfix linked above is supposed to give you English menus in the MP demo.
- The MP demo does not start, complaining about a insufficient swap file. You can came blame MS for creating such a shoddy OS that games will only run with 2 Gb (!) of swap, or the programmers who think that even a computer with X Gb memory would need a swap file. Despite the demo being in Russian and Cedega emulating an English windows, the error message is in German for some odd reason.