Settlers: Heritage of Kings
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Game||Works, with issues|
|Patch||Works, with issues|
|Demo works||With some minor problems|
|Download demo||3D Gamers|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.0 (best),4.3|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0, 4.3, 4.1.1, 4.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
Ubi Soft Entertainment
Cedega 6.0 Notes
- Installation works perfectly. Thought, you need a nocd fixed exe to run game.
- Z-fighting bug is gone! (flickering floors)
- All details can be turned on. (requires Geforce FX or better GPU with ps 2.0 turned on)
- Overall performance on a tested P4 2.4Ghz, GF7600GS, was very good.
- Crashes on exit.
Issues with the German Demo
- Installed fine with some minor graphical glitches, although all the German Umlaute in the EULA were garbled.
- The intro movies had stuttering sound (enabling
Decrease Wine server priorityhelps a bit) and only showed a white screen.
- The mouse pointer did not exactly point where the arrow was pointing, e.g. you might miss-click buttons. I had to aim a bit lower to actually hit them.
- Many of the higher detailed graphical settings were not available - unsure whether this is a demo issues.
- The demo crashes in the intro move accross the 3D landscape in both maps.
- With Cedega v4.1, the demo crashes at the end. v4.1.1 fixes this.
Issues with the v1.04 Demo
- The installer garbles some characters in the EULA and has some other minor graphical corruptions.
- The mouse pointer did not exactly point where the arrow was pointing, e.g. you might miss-click buttons. You may have to aim a bit lower to actually hit them.
- The demo crashes upon quitting a long play session.
- The building floors flicker (z-fighting) with the ground textures
Otherwise the demo did run nice and stable for a few hours on 1600x1200.
Issues with the game
I couldn't get the game to work without a no-cd patch but for that I had to patch the game to 1.03. However, the patch refused to install because it couldn't find install information so I added to following to the system.reg:
[Software\\Blue Byte\\The Settlers - Heritage of Kings] "InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Blue Byte\\THE SETTLERS - Heritage of Kings" "InstallSMProgram"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Ubisoft\\Blue Byte\\THE SETTLERS - Heritage of Kings" "Version"="163" [Software\\Blue Byte\\The Settlers - Heritage of Kings\\1.00.0000]
Now, the patch will run and update the game to version 1.03. It worked if "Version" is updated to "190".
Other issues: the intro is choppy, just as the briefings.
The latest part in the Category:Settlers series comes in full 3D and finally supports resolutions up to 1600x1280 (in 32 bpp).
Featuring once again the cute settlers, this real-time strategy game puts you into a medival setting, where you have to reclaim your land from the evil tyran that conquered it after the death of your father.