Siege of Avalon
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, with major issues|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.0 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.0, Wine 0.9.2|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Note that there are two patches with the same name, but one is just a replacement for the internet updater. You need the other one.
- Game will not work without the patch.
- In Cedega, the between-area loading bar does not move. (New areas still load, though.)
- In Cedega, there are display problems with the ground tiles, that appear to be based around textures not being transparant when they should.
- Game is slow in normal areas, slowing down even more in complex areas, and grinding to a halt in shops.
- Game is unplayable in wine, due to refresh problems that create a "hall-of-mirrors" effect.
- The game was released as open source in June 2003, but the open-source version is still unfinished, and basically dead. Access is only via CVS.