Silent Hill 2
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, issues below|
|Game||Works with minor issues, see below|
Silent Hill 2 v1.1 (ENGLISH) No-CD/Fixed EXE
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||-|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0 (best),4.3, 5.1.3, 5.2.3|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
With these settings I was able to play the game, and see the text that was not viewable before like the issue below says.
The only issue I had was with pressing escape, it crashed the game for me. Change any settings before hand.
- Disable Pixel Shaders
- Disable NV_VAR
- Disable ARB_AVO
- Disable Clip Space Fix
- Disable GL Shading Language
- Disable Occlusion Queries
- Vertex Shader to 1.1
In my experience, I only had to disable the Clip Space Fix for the game menus to be dispayed correctly.
Setting the Pixel and Vertex shaders to 2.0 provided cleaner textures for the game (no weird clipping).
The only issue I had was the loading foot steps did not display, but the game loaded and played just fine, even with all the graphic effects on.
- Installer progress indicator is incorrect, example: end of first disk progress is at 3%
- At "Would you like to create a desktop shortcut", if you click Yes the installer will crash and un-do the installation. Instead you must close the installer manually so the files remain in place, do this by typing into a console as root; "killall wine"
- Game menus are completely invisible. Once managing to find the correct options to get ingame it will display an off-sync laggy video and then crash, game is unplayable. (See above for a fix)