Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works with Cedega 4.3|
|Game||works to an extent.|
|Download patch||Mirror list (Activision)|
|Download demo||Mirror list (3D Gamers)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Multiplayer works||Have not tested|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2.3 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.2, 5.2.3|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Soldier of Fortune Double Helix -- Official site
Loki Installer -- Loki installers for Linux gamers
- To run the installer, you need to check on the box "run directory" when using Point2Play or use "--use-dos-cwd" when using Cedega.
- Use the loki installer, not the Setup.exe program that is found on cd.
- The loki installer will patch the game to 1.03.
- To disable Violence Lock:
On your shortcut, right click -> Properties -> add "+set lock_blood 0" to the Target line. Or simply add it to the command line like so: sof2sp +set lock_blood 0
-When you start the game, pull down the console by pressing "shift" and "~" to
-Type "menu lock"
-A new option on the bottom menu will be activated (it has a pic of a lock). Click on it. It will promt for a password, you can just press ok.
-Turn on all of the gore and set a new password (or keep it blank).
-Restart and play with gore.
- Once you get to put in the next CD, it says it can't find a setup file. I have not been able to install this game with either Wine, CrossOver Office, or straight Cedega.
- Pressing the alt keys in at least the demo, will freeze the game untill you press it again. You'll have to rebind alternative attack.
- 3 out of 5 times, the in game videos will lock up your game and your whole system. Forcing you to reboot.
- Sof II Mis-detects nvidia graphics cards I have an Geforce FX5200 and it detects it as a 1st Gen Geforce with 16mb. No fancy graphics!!