From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no problems|
|Game||Works, but has a few minor issues|
|Patch||Works, no problems|
|Download patch||Mirrorlist (blizzard.com)
|Download demo||Mirrorlist (blizzard.com)
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||3.3.2, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5.0 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||3.3.2, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 50|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||Starcraft - Official Website
3D Gamers - General info
- Sometimes the game will hang at startup (loading screen). This may be related to GkrellM2 or Gaim running in the background. Kill the wineserver ( ALT + TAB to Point2Play then press CTRL + S ), close GkrellM and/or Gaim, then restart StarCraft. You could also try using WineX 3.3.2 where this issue doesn't seem to occur.
- After exiting the game, the screen might jolt between StarCraft and another program. To stop this, kill the wine server. ( CTRL + S in Point2Play or killall wine wineserver in Cedega-CLI)
- The game may be choppy. To improve performance you can run the game with a different priority. eg nice -n 20 StarCraft.exe or select "Decrease WineServer Priority" in the configuration of the StarCraft shortcut when using Point2Play.
- As of version 5.0.2 game seems to have no noticable problems, patching succeeds, internet play is successful.
- Automatic in-game patching via battle.net does not work, so patch the game manually.
- The campaign editor works but has a few graphical issues on the UI.
- The campaign editor can be launched from the game, but it does not get focussed so you will have to start it from outside the game. A mission made with the editor can be played fine.
In the distant future of this real-time strategy game, a small group of human exiles have been doomed to fight for survival on the edge of the galaxy. Through military strength, espionage, and deceit, a unified Terran government has maintained an uneasy peace. But as resources and fuel run short, the Confederate nations find themselves looking towards the rich worlds of their alien neighbors, the enigmatic Protoss. To further complicate matters, it seems that a previously unknown species, the Zerg, has entered Protoss space and is destroying everything in its path. The time for war has come.