From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
This game's demo has not yet been tested
. If you have more information regarding the working status of the demo, please add it, make sure your information is formatted according to the guidelines
and then remove this notice.
||Works, no known problems
||Works partially, with some problems (see below)
|Requires no-cd patch
|Works with Cedega version(s)
||6.1 beta (best), 4.0.1 (partially)
|Tested with Cedega version(s)
||6.1 beta, 4.0.1
|Supported by TransGaming
StarTopia is a computer game from Mucky Foot Productions (formed by ex-Bullfrog employees) and published by Eidos in 2001, in which the player administrates various space stations with the task of developing them into popular hubs. The game has a comical overtone, with lighthearted humor and cartoonish aliens.
- If you patch the game to 1.02 or 1.01 version, sometimes game crashes after introduction, at 10-20% of the loading bar, giving a D3D error and exiting. For this reason, i suggest to NOT patch the game and play with the 1.00 version.
- Menu system is extremely slow, with graphical glitches.
- If Vertex Shaders are deactivated, menu system is faster, but there are always graphical glitches.
- When changing resolution, for some seconds "luster" option works, otherwise, it doesn't work.
- Audio is not perfect, but works.
- Game crashes and exits from Cedega sometimes.