The Wheel of Time
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Mostly working, see notes below|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.1.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.1.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- No-cd patch is required (Safedisc 1).
- Graphics: Direct3D and OpenGL do not work. Only the software renderer works.
- Music doesn't play.
- Cut-scenes don't work.
- Screen resolution changes in-game don't work (see below for a fix).
- Cursor key movement in some menus is not correct. Be careful!
- Create a custom profile, Wheel of Time. I'm not 100% sure this is necessary...
- Install the game from CD.
- Install the patch.
- Disable CD protection (Safedisc 1).
Running the Game the First Time
- Be sure to select the Software Renderer upon first running the game. I performed this in a window, not fullscreen, to better see what was happening.
- Do not change any settings, just quit the game.
- Find and backup the following files in the ~/TransGaming_Drive/WheelOfTime/System/ directory: User.ini, Wot.ini and Wot.log.
- Edit "Wot.ini" and find the section "[WinDrv.WindowsClient]". Here you can change your screen resolution. I use 1024x768x16.
- Restart the game and make any changes to your game controls. Be careful, cursor movements are erratic.
- Brightness can be changed in-game, if too dark. But don't change your screen resolution here.
I have only just started a single player game, but everything seems playable so far...
This game uses the Unreal engine (first generation). The engine was originally designed before 3D graphics cards were available and has a very superior (for its time) software renderer with many "special effects" available.