Thief: Deadly Shadows
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, see notes below|
|Game||Runs, menu visibility problems.|
|Patch||1.1, installs fine.|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||-|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.4.3 (best), 5.2.10|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Installer will fail if run from CD's -- copy all three CDs' contents into a temp directory and run the installer from there. Install will complete successfully.
- If the game complains "No sound card detected; Thief: Deadly Shadows requires a sound card to play! Exiting." try turning off the "Full Duplex" checkbox in the Audio tab.
- Intro videos often don't appear, though the sound runs. Hitting ESC will bypass them.
- Menu screen appears, but menu items are invisible. With 4.4.3, the game logo also appears, and the menu items work if you click where they should be. With 5.2.10, the screen is nearly blank, and clicking a menu item will crash the game.
- The game is somewhat playable if you can blindly poke your way through "New Game" and so forth -- most of the text of the mission briefings, options pages, and menu items is invisible, so it's extremely difficult to get anywhere in the game, but the 3D engine apparently works mostly fine.
- Dual-core and hyperthreading processors will have an issue where the intro movie wants to play over and over, and never get to the menu. (This is not a wine-specific problem.) This is addressed in the TTLG FAQ, and involves using a Windows utility, "imagecfg.exe" to alter the binary files t3.exe and T3main.exe. (TODO: so far no apparent way to run this Windows console program in Cedega, need a real Windows box to make these changes). In summary, you want to put imagecfg.exe somewhere in your path, then do the following:
cd "c:\Program Files\Thief - Deadly Shadows\System"
This imagecfg.exe modification works fine on the no-cd version of t3.exe.
imagecfg.exe -u t3.exe
imagecfg.exe -u T3main.exe
imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 t3.exe
imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 T3main.exe