Thief: The Dark Project
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works, several issues described below|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Download patch||Mirrorlist (thief-thecircle.com)|
|Download demo||Mirror 1 (thief-thecircle.com)|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.0 (best),4.4, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.0 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0 4.4|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Thief: The Dark Project Official website
The Circle of Stone and Shadow --Huge fan site
Download NVidia fix from CSS
- Cutscenes don't play
- When using default configuration, menu animations stop when you move the mouse.
- First, install patch v1.33.
- To work around the menu animation glitch, turn off Accelerated Interprocess Communication and switch on Decrease WineServer Priority. (Two simple checkboxes at the bottom of the configuration menu in Point2Play.) When using Darkloader, apply the settings to that instead of the Thief config.
- NVidia users may need to download an unofficial fix from The Circle of Stone and Shadow fan site. This fix will remove copy protection, too.
- Some have reported that it is possible to get cutscenes working by downloading the video driver from Intel's website: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=&DwnldID=2846&ProductID=355 This, however, is not yet confirmed.
- Users with dual core procesors may have trouble running this game, disabling hyperthreading is reccomended. More information at: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#hyperthread
- I highly recommend using Cedega-4.1.1 or higher for this title, as the graphical performance is much better than in previous versions.
- To achive best perfomance, use 16bit color depth in your X-server configuration file(/etc/xorg.conf).
- The cutscenes can be viewed externally via mplayer or VLC, with sound only. They can be found on the CD in /THIEF/MOVIES/
- The order the movies play in are, in their file names: (For Thief The dark project only, NOT Thief GOLD)
-B01- -Training mission- -B02- -Mission 1: Lord Baffords Manor- -B03- -Mission 2: Cragsleft Prison- -B04- -Mission 3: Down the Bonehoard- -B05- -Mission 4: Asassins- -B06- -Mission 5: The sword- -CS06- -B07- -Mission 6: The haunted Cathedral- -B09- -Mission 7: The Lost city- -B10- -Mission 8: Undercover- -B11- -Mission 9: Return to the haunted cathedral -CS11- -B12- -Mission 10: Escape! -B13- -Mission 11: Strange Bedfellows- -B14- -Mission 12: Into the Maw of Chaos- -CS14-
Thief: The dark project is a first person 3D action/adventure game that puts you in the shoes of master thief Garret. You will embark on a compelling story of seduction, betrayal, and ultimately revenge. In order to survive you must use stealth and evasive manoeuvres to progress in a world where shadows are your only ally, trust is not an option, and confrontation usually results in death.