Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
From Unofficial TransGaming Wiki
|Game version||1.0, 1.2|
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works with nVidia cards, but has some serious issues with ATi cards, described below|
|Patch||1.2 - works fine|
|Download patch||3D Gamers|
|Demo works||No known demo|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Multiplayer works||No multiplayer|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.0 (best), 5.2.10, 5.2.7, 4.2.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0, 5.2.10, 5.2.7, 4.2.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
OC Forums: Configuring The Source Engine: HL2 and CSS
- With an ATI graphics card, the textures on human (and vampiric :D) models are highly corrupted.
- With ATI hardware, the pixel shaders corrupt the environment and buildings rendering - disable them as a workaround.
- Game crashes, time dependent. (Oh? Please verify?)
- You must set the win version to win2k like
- Performance is bad with many people close by, dropping to ~5-10 fps. Might very well be a game issue, not a Cedega issue.
- Non-responsive pause before audio in conversations.
- The issue about the game crashing at the end of the Society of Leopold quest is a known -GAME- problem; common workarounds are: a small cheat with game console, updating the game with Patch 1.2.
- It is possible to manually reduce some of the hidden graphic settings like texture quality by editing the autoexec.cfg which will avoid some of the bad performance. See Configuring The Source Engine: HL2 and CSS. Note that reducing texture quality will introduce minor graphical glitches like unreadable bus stop signs.
- The 3.5 Unofficial Patch seems to break compatibility with Cedega. The game crashes immediately before the Activision logo. A workaround seems to involve some npctemplate files included in the patch, and found in Vampire/vdata/system. Deleting them fixes the crash.